Vysotsky

ChrisD(RJ) chrisd at russiajournal.com
Tue Jan 28 01:40:22 PST 2003

I have been corrected by an old Vysotsky fan. Apparently he DID have three or four records on the state label. He performed at Houses of Culture and Moscow State University, with huge advertisements, and was a regular actor at the Tagansky theater. Some "dissident." I was also told that rock concerts were NOT raided and were quite legal. Brezhnev was not Stalin! The most that would happen is that a House of Concert would try to organize a concert by someone and the state would say "no." Rarely happened.