Kindness of Creditors

Dennis Robert Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Mon Jan 27 17:17:53 PST 2003

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, mike larkin crossposted from Eric Alterman:

> http://www.thenation.com/docprint.mhtml?i=20030210&s=alterman1
>The time has come for the true democrats among us, of every political
>stripe, to begin the arduous political and intellectual task of
>constructing a foreign policy that protects and defends our values as
>well as our people. Fortunately, it is not a task we will have to
>undertake alone. We remain blessed with friends and allies who, like a
>good spouse, know our fears and weaknesses better perhaps than even we
>do.

That's because those friends and allies can pull the trigger on Bananamerica's current account deficit any time they like.

The only foreign policy task worth contemplating nowadays is getting the US the hell out of Northamerica.

-- DRR