"disgusting" petitions?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Jan 28 18:16:07 PST 2003

frank scott wrote:

> "We know Carrol has signed a pretty disgusting pro-Slobo
> petition. "
>
> this has been mentioned a few times, almost as evidence of some form of
> political crime...am not familiar with this specific petition , though
> the trashing of the petition-signer's character and politics is familiar
> ... is it disgusting because it didn't condemn milosevic? because it was
> written on dirty paper? whaaa?

:-)

I don't even remember myself -- probably didn't even read the petition. I'm opposed to victor's justice in general: The Nuremberg trials were a very bad precendent. They didn't hang the Nazis for their crimes. They hanged them for losing a war.

Whatever the petion said, I would sign it again.

Carrol