Same old same old (Was DeLeuze, etc.)

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Jan 29 06:40:29 PST 2003

Gar Lipow wrote:

> And there are ways of measuring desirabiltiy of jobs. Assume a Parecon
> revolution.

This is where I always stop reading. Had we but world enough and time, this coyness lady were no crime, but at my back I always hear time's winged chariot hurrying near. And the world enough and time I do have offers no room for long-winded accounts of something which can't account for the huge changes that will precede AND ACCOMPANY any revolutionary process. The world "after the insurrection" (it is absurd to speak of "after the revolution") will be so different from our world now that no recipes we might scribble for that cookshop of the future can have even poetic interest.

Carrol