LBO-talk's favorite charities?

JBrown72073 at cs.com JBrown72073 at cs.com
Wed Jan 29 11:41:10 PST 2003

Though I agree with the general anti-charity sentiment expressed so far, I have to say that it seems like none of you is trying to keep an organization going, or if you are, you're too polite to suggest it as a recipient of free cash.

My picks: Try the Debs-Jones-Douglass Institute, the educational arm of the Labor Party. www.djdinstitute.org. Labor Party at www.thelaborparty.org

Or, if you favor radical feminism, Redstockings of the Women's Liberation movement is a 501(c)3. www.redstockings.org or P.O. Box 744 Stuyvesant Sta., NYC, 10014. Grassroots women's liberation thinktank & archive, incorporated in '73 by members of the original '60s group.

And, for balance, a group I'm not involved in, the National Lawyers Guild, www.nlg.org--we're gonna need 'em. Dunno if it's (c)3 or not.

Jenny Brown