Slavoj on W, Schroder, & Spielberg

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Wed Jan 29 19:37:54 PST 2003

Quoting Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>:

> GERHARDT SCHROEDER'S "MINORITY REPORT" AND ITS CONSEQUENCES
> Slavoj Zizek
>
> purest. Today's "American, awaken!" is a distant call of Hitler's
> "Deutschland, erwache!", which, as Adorno wrote long ago, meant its
> exact opposite.

Ho ho. Teddy would've been proud of the global justice movement. In some ways he's still our greatest pure theoretician, the prophet of the 21st century dialectics, a.k.a. multinational Resistance, just being born in his day. Of course, I doubt he would've approved of Devil May Cry 2, but hey, noone's perfect.

-- DRR

------------------------------------------------------------ Visit http://www.efn.org for all your community networking needs