Comcast rejects antiwar ad

budge budge at el-pleasant.org
Wed Jan 29 22:12:15 PST 2003

On Wed, 29 Jan 2003 at 11:54pm C. G. Estabrook wrote:

> We consider it a crime to kill a new-born child. If so,
> it can't be right casually to end the life of the same
> organism several hours earlier.

i see. you are only against so-called "partial birth abortions". i guess, if you are right, we'll let a few 10's of women per year die in order to turn a fetus into a baby, i guess in those numbers, it's not so bad.

but i'll be glad to hear that you affirm that months before birth, that it is a fetus, not a person, and you agree that nobody should be forced to put their body into the service of any 'person', least of all a fetus.

> It takes some effort to believe, as one watches a child be
> born, that one is also watching the conferral of full
> human rights on something that lacked them entirely
> shortly before.

it takes no effort at all -- people go through this experience evey day in maternity wards across the nation. if you don't see what a radical act birth is, i don't know how to explain it to you.

--

no Onan