lbo-talk-digest V1 #7332

Liza Featherstone lfeather32 at erols.com
Thu Jan 30 07:00:33 PST 2003

Yeah, Romania, Hungary. Sorry about that. Anyway Ceaucescu was much, much more repressive (and demented) than most leaders of the USSR. A clarification on my earlier point: under his government, you could own a typewriter, but you had to register it with the police. Nice. I find numerous references to this law, here are a few links (beloe)

http://www.childhopeuk.org/projects/centralandeasterneurope/romania.htm http://cnmb.rdsct.ro/romeng.html

Liza