Christian Soldiers

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Thu Jan 30 08:07:46 PST 2003

> As an alternative hypothesis, I would suggest an
> ad hoc preoccupation with Iraq stemming from the
> unfinished aspect of the first Gulf War and the
> alleged attempt on Poppy. This seems to fit better
> with what others are pleased to call the President's
> "mind."
>
> mbs

I've never bought the "finishing Daddy's business" line. Daddy did what he set out to do; and when a pro-warrior states that "we" should have gone into Baghdad in '91 and "finished" what "we" started, they are either ignorant of the region's geopolitical significance and what Iraq meant (means) to US ruling circles, or they are just blowing smoke.

Taking Saddam out is simply another chapter in the imperial saga. He is useless now to his former employers, an irritant, quite possibly (and plausibly) a danger. That he's a fascist butcher with territorial ambitions of his own does help the Home Team's claims. But, honestly, that's not what this is about.

DP