Comcast rejects antiwar ad

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 30 09:55:38 PST 2003

>From: Dennis Perrin <dperrin at comcast.net>
>
> > How you torture the English language, Dennis. You seem to interpret
>Doug's
> > position as a call for mandatory abortions.
> >
> > Carl
>
>How you misread the English language, Carl. ...If I thought that about
> >It's about what constitutes "choice," not only in
>terms of womb eviction but in the political discussions that frame it.

Mea culpa. To my regret I noticed only when I sent my post that you were not talking about "choice" in the context of abortion but had hijacked the term to grandstand on the issue of free speech, which I don't think *is* at issue here.

Speaking of abortions, though (to do my own hijacking of terms), how about AOL/Time Warner? I thought they'd exhausted their capacity for catastrophe, then, presto, they come up with another $45 billion in write-downs. One of the more interesting tidbits in today's news is that the AOL unit of AOL/TW had a market cap of $181 billion three years ago and as of now is worth just $7.7 billion.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Help STOP SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail