Comcast rejects antiwar ad

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Jan 30 15:00:32 PST 2003

Gar Lipow wrote:

> Hmm, but abortion is more like having your tonsil removed - pretty much
> a private decision by you and your doctor; it should not be seen as
> subject to critisicm by third parties.

While I wouldn't advocate or defend _state_ suppression of attacks on abortion, I would support social efforts to get comments on abortion more or less in the same category as picking your nose at the dinner table or the use of the N word. Moral and social pressure against women's medical decisions (such as repariring hangnails or having an abortion) has to be eliminated.

Carrol