Feminism, abortion (was Comcast rejects antiwar ad)

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Thu Jan 30 16:39:45 PST 2003

>Yoshie wrote:
>> "Against abortion? Go fuck yourself!"
>
>I know you are, but what am I? I'm as much a supporter of unconditional
>abortion rights as anyone on this list, but I also recognize that cute
>and/or inflammatory slogans won't suffice for reasoned argument.
>
>-- Luke

You don't give a damn about abortion one way or another. If you did and wished to have discussion about how to go beyond the "pro-choice" language, you would have responded to reasoned arguments in my previous post or others' posts (such as Jenny Brown's) on the subject, rather than to the above. (From your previous replies to me on other subjects, though, it's clear that you refuse to see any "reason" in any of my posts. Therefore, this will be the last reply to you.)

I don't intend to defend women's right to choose abortion or carry pregnancy to term as we see fit from those who oppose abortion on LBO-talk. It's a _Left_ Business Observer discussion listserv, after all, where discussion should rise to a level higher than a simple defense of women's right to choose. Those who don't like abortion had better talk to themselves; their opposition to abortion disqualifies them from modes of intercourse other than masturbation.