Albert & Hahnel or Marx & Engels?

Brian O. Sheppard bsheppard at bari.iww.org
Thu Jan 30 21:48:46 PST 2003

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003 JBrown72073 at cs.com wrote:

> No, employers do not have anything to do with setting wages. They're out of
> the loop. Wage-setting is a public function in Job Markets, it's done
> automatically, within a legislatively-set ratio of maximum to minimum pay
> (2:1, 4:1, 212:1?). The Job Market software holds the average pay throughout
> the economy at 1 (credit hour). Interestingly, this might be expected to
> lead to deflation as productivity rises.

How about instead of a fair day's pay for a fair day's work, we inscribe on our banner the revolutionary watchword, "Abolition of the wage system"?

Some others seemed to think it was viable,

Brian

--

"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Il etait enfin venu, le jour ou je fus un pourceau!" - Comte de Lautreamont, Les Chants de Maldoror, 4th Hymn, Strophe 6