Mandatory fatherhood

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at sun.com
Fri Jan 31 11:14:03 PST 2003

At 12:33 AM 01/31/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>How progressive. Here's what a "hangnail" (Carrol's word) looks like and
>acts like at 16 weeks:
>
><http://kidshealth.org/parent/pregnancy_calendar/week16.html>
>
>Best to have an extra large set of clippers handy. These hangnails can be
>tricky.

Christ, Dennis....how about getting back to issue that none of this needs to happen in the first place.

The level of sexual illiteracy in this country is appalling. --I had many college students write me essays explaining that a woman can only get pregnant during her period. --A friend who is a shrink tells me that a lot of people come to see him with major panic attacks when the underlying problem is that they do not know how their bodies work and how to use brith control. --My son winds up explaining women's reproductive system and birth control to nearly all his friend girls and girl-friends.

The problem of abortion would become pretty miniscule if people took responsiblity for their sexual lives and for birth control ...and if information and birth control were freely available. It's a lot cheaper than doing abortions and supporting unwanted children.

Joanna