[lbo-talk] A Call from the Maoists of Iran

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 1 02:06:40 PDT 2003

>From: Thomas Seay <entheogens at yahoo.com>

>Chiang,

>Mao once said that Stalin was 85% good, 15% bad. That
>should be some indication of his orientation, no? Or
>do you defend Stalin as well?
--- Well, that opinion is rather widespread in Russia. You can make a perfectly rational cost-benefit analysis and argue that Stalin was good for the country (note that you cannot do so with Hitler). I don't agree with it, but people who make the argument are hardly kooky and they do have a lot of good points.

What is Mao's popularity in China? Does anybody know?

_________________________________________________________________ Protect your PC - get McAfee.com VirusScan Online http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963