[lbo-talk] Japan to send troops to Iraq Report

Ulhas Joglekar uvj at vsnl.com
Tue Jul 1 09:57:52 PDT 2003

Grant Lee wrote:

> against Iraq in the Gulf before this war. I also have it on good authority
> that the two countries which were the biggest custormers for _Kuwaiti_ oil
> before the 1991 Gulf War were Japan and India, which would make sense
> geographically.

India did not support attack on Iraq in 1991 just as India did not support recent attack on Iraq. India always had excellent relations with Iraq.

Iraq was the only country in the entire Arab/Islamic world that supported Indian position on Kashmir. Indian business got huge construction contracts in Iraq. Indian Air force trained Iraqi pilots to fly Soviet MiGs etc. etc.

Ulhas