[lbo-talk] How close was it?

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 1 10:57:20 PDT 2003

Yeah, it was closer than we might like to think. If Hitler had taken Moscow _or_ Leningrad in the winter of 42-43, if the drive for the Caucauses had succeeded, if Hitler hadn't spread himself so thin over a 100 mile front. . . . Of course, the US would still have had the bomb on most versions of this story, and the Germans wouldn't, so WWII might have ended with the atom bombing of Berlin and Munich. jks

.