[lbo-talk] Neocons Inspired By Italian Fascists?

Chip Berlet cberlet at igc.org
Tue Jul 1 11:47:41 PDT 2003

Hi,

I guess I need to make it clear that I at least DO NOT have a preference for Ledeen over Buchanan. They are both political zealots with antidemocratic tendencies. I have followed Ledeen with distaste for many years, ever since I was researching John Singlaub and the World Anti-Communist League and I kept running into Holly Sklar in the same archives and libraries in D.C. researching the U.S. support for the Contras in Nicaragua. It finally dawned on us that we were researching different sectors of the same loose network. We, and a few other researchers, were busy trying to unscramble the puzzle when the Iran-Contra Scandal broke.

Chip Berlet Senior Analyst Political Research Associates http://www.publiceye.org