[lbo-talk] Gallup on homosex

Kelley the-squeeze at pulpculture.org
Tue Jul 1 17:21:52 PDT 2003

At 03:00 PM 7/1/03 -0400, Doug Henwood wrote:
>Why just 15%? Around 40-45% of the U.S. pop calls itself evangelical or
>born-again.

No shit. I was reading something in the London Review of books. it was about how popular End of Times biblical fiction is becoming. Over half of the population in this nation think that the prophecies will come true, at least some of them.

F U C K M E D E A D!

My partner asked me if I wanted to expatriate at the beginning of the war. He was ready to. I said, "Nah, I think I should stick it out here instead of bailing. There's a lot of work to do here."

Well, if the people in this country are becoming bible humpin' and thumpin' believers in the literal interpretation of their sacred texts, I'm outta here. I don't care what their religion is or what book they're literally interpreting. And, look, I'm far more tolerant of religiosity than most lefties tend to be. I actually think communities of faith can be forces of progressive change, at times. But, this literal interpretation of The Word nonsense is too much!