[lbo-talk] steve philion - Han Deqiang - "economics of competition"

John K. Fitzpatrick jfitz at teleport.com
Wed Jul 2 23:46:17 PDT 2003

Hello, I wonder if this book has been read by anyone yet. The introduction is intriguing, compelling and well-written.

http://www.chinastudygroup.org/articleshow.php?id=43

Amazon + B&N do not carry it appearantly..... An American distributer?

I only joined the this list to if possible satisfy this curiousity. I too have been thinking of the invisible hand as myth lately, as analog to various irrational/religious beliefs. My current view is that markets are irredeemably harmful, but Prof. Han seems to suggest otherwise - that there are qualities and functions of markets that may be carefully harnessed for positive results ??

comments ? - John

-- John K. Fitzpatrick jfitz at teleport.com http://home.teleport.com/~jfitz/ It is the best to spin, but just don't blink your eye.

-Captain Christy