[lbo-talk] Re: 'Bring them on'

N P Childs npchilds at connect.ab.ca
Thu Jul 3 19:11:33 PDT 2003

Just to clarify, re. Arabic translations. I don't for a moment believe that Dimbulbs comments were intended for an Arabic speaking audience. I'm sure any message to that audience more sophisticated than 'Die scumbags!' is beyond his capacity to process.

The audience was clearly those who feel that WWE wrestlers are role models and Fox news is in fact a news station. My curiosity was just that, how an idiotic idiomatic expression would be rendered in a more ornate language.

PC

> >was sounding like John Wayne. Another activist suggested that Bush
> >had been watching too many re-runs of the "A Team." The best
> >analysis was from one activist who asserted that Bush had gotten
> >this language from "The Rock," of pro wrestling fame.
>
>Sadly, this plays well in some demographics.
>
>Doug
>
>----

N Paul Childs 5967-157 Avenue Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T5Y 2P3

e-fax 413-683-9725 _______________________________________________________ 'Gee thanks, your validation means oh, so much to me'.

-Art 'Bones' MacDesalavo