[lbo-talk] Schwarzenegger screens Terminator 3 at old Saddam palace

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Fri Jul 4 18:03:46 PDT 2003

Quoting Dennis Perrin <dperrin at comcast.net>:

> " 'I play terminator, but you guys are the true terminators,' he told the
> soldiers."
>
> An Austrian Bob Hope.

The ultimate irony is that he's more right than he'll ever know -- the terminators are utterly evil, malevolent killing machines. "I want to be a machine", said Hamlet in Heiner Mueller's "Hamletmachine", one of the great meditations on the power of reactionary ideology to turn human beings into repressive monsters.

-- DRR