[lbo-talk] SAP to double Indian staff to 2,000 in 3 yrs

Ulhas Joglekar uvj at vsnl.com
Sat Jul 5 06:45:57 PDT 2003

Business Standard

News Updates

Monday, June 30, 2003

NEWS UPDATES

SAP to double Indian staff to 2,000 in 3 yrs ( 1545 hrs)

German IT product major SAP said today that it planned to double its workforce in India to 2,000 in the next three years, and move a part of its BPO operations to India.

This was announced by SAP chairman and chief executive officer Henning Kagermann said in Bangalore today.

SAP India has close to 1,000 employees including over 500 professionals at SAP Labs India - one of the strategic solutions development centres for SAP and the largest R&D centre of the firm outside Germany.

"India is one of the key areas for sales and marketing, besides development. It is also a strategic place to locate the services to run our operations," Kagermann said.

He said the customer service operations for which India was a hub for Asia would soon extend to other countries in the world.

"We are planning to move our shared services (BPO), and India is a candidate for it and could provide support for our global operations," Kagermann said. SAP is building a campus to accommodate 1,100 professionals, and has committed an investment of euro 20 million.(PTI)

Business Standard Ltd. Nehru House, 4 Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi - 110002. INDIA Ph: +91-11-23720202-10. Fax: 011 - 23720201 Copyright & Disclaimer editor at business-standard.com