[lbo-talk] Bumming a Book Tour.......

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jul 6 04:38:51 PDT 2003

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT: Chris Damitio

(503) 502-3384

E-mail: cdamitio at yahoo.com

Chris Damitio, author of ROUGH LIVING: TIPS AND TALES OF A VAGABOND to set out on the Twenty Book Tour of the Pacific Northwest

(Portland, OR, July 5, 2002) Chris Damitio, author of ROUGH LIVING: TIPS AND TALES OF A VAGABOND today announced that he will be doing a book tour despite having an overdrawn bank account, no money, and a quarter tank of gas. Damitio calls it "The Twenty Book Tour".

When asked how he would fund the trip, Damitio, the world-traveling vagabond extraordinaire shrugged his shoulders and said " I'm going to sell my twenty books. It's gonna to be rough living, but you know, I wrote the book on that. I figure people should be able to see that the methods I talk about in ROUGH LIVING: TIPS AND TALES OF A VAGABOND actually work."

His book has done well so far with zero dollars spent on promotion. "The book almost paid my rent in the first month, but now I'm back to not having any bills, except paying my bank back,"

Damitio said. "Hopefully, people will understand that they can order the book at http://www.booklocker.com/books/1097.html and get it in two to three days. That way they can bring their copies for me to sign when I visit their cities." Damitio thinks the twenty copies he has will sell pretty fast.

As unemployment rates continue to rise and dissatisfaction with the consumer society continues to grow, Damitio will explain and demonstrate the techniques, rewards, and pitfalls of living a rough life. Those interested can follow his progress at his on-line Blog.

In October of 2000, Damitio set out on a unique travel experience as he began to explore the possibilities of living without what many people consider essential. As a result of this rough lifestyle, Damitio was surprised to find himself climbing the Great Wall of China, abducted by pirates in Laos, and playing guitars with strangers who became friends throughout Asia. All of this was done on the budget of a bum.

In ROUGH LIVING: TIPS AND TALES OF A VAGABOND, Damitio reveals some of the secrets that made his adventures possible and some of the adventures he had along the way. Damitio hitches, flies, drives, floats, and climbs his way to adventure.

Now, Damitio is doing it again on The Twenty Book Tour. Damitio plans to drive north and south but is not real sure about east and west. He's not sure how long it will take, when he will be in each city, or what will happen, but you can be sure it will be exciting. The public is encouraged to follow his adventures in rough living at

http://roughliving.blogspot.com ###

ROUGH LIVING: TIPS AND TALES OF A VAGABOND is currently available at www.booklocker.com and now by special order at bookstores nationwide.

ROUGH LIVING: TIPS AND TALES OF A VAGABOND Chris Damitio ISBN 1- 58113- 337- 8

If you would rather not receive press releases please email to rough_living at yahoo.com with a subject line no press release.

===== ***************************************************************** “How would we live?” He kept asking this question. Of course, I wondered whether we were doing anything more than merely existing. I saw most of our work time as being superfluous. On the other hand, Fred’s need for things and creature comforts had grown too much to be sustained by any reduction in our income. Thus, spending our lives to obtain credits had become the norm.

from WAGE-SLAVE'S ESCAPE

http://profiles.yahoo.com/swillsqueal