[lbo-talk] more Olaechea

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Jul 6 09:52:43 PDT 2003

[For an example of Adolfo's "tireless efforts on behalf of ordinary people everywhere, see his "THE NATURE OF THE TWO-LINE STRUGGLE WITHIN THE STALIN SOCIETY" <http://www.etext.org/Politics/Committee.Sol.Peru/English/rim-fraud.html>.]

Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 16:53:40 -0400 From: Louis R Godena <louisgodena at IDS.NET>

Dear Friends & Comrades;

As I reported earlier, our dear comrade Adolfo Olaechea, co-moderator of Marxism-International and General Secretary of Justice International, has been arrested while on a business trip to Spain. The precipitating cause of his detention is a year-old warrant issued by Interpol on behalf of the Peruvian government (at the urging, no doubt, of the US and its secret and intelligence services). Those familiar with the work of Adolfo will remember his tireless efforts on behalf of ordinary people everywhere and may recall his constant hounding by reactionaries of virtually every nationality as a result

Characteristically, Comrade Olaechea has waived his rights to a 60-day waiting period and has chosen to be extradited immediately to Lima to face the Toledo regime (itself a wholly-owned subsidiary of US financial circles) and defeat these charges. One can speculate endlessly on the reasons for this development or the contrast presented by Comrade Olaechea in facing his judges with that of one of his chief accusers, the former president who now hides in a foreign country fighting with the aid of his stolen booty to prevent his returning to atone for his numerous misdemeanors. It is more important now, I believe, to set about the practical problems of facilitating Comrade Olaechea's defense and his successful return to his rightful place in the life of the country he loves so well.

A number of us here in the US have formed a ad hoc committee to aid Comrade Olaechea and his family in whatever way we can. We invite all those of good will to join us. Please contact me at anytime at my home or by mobile phone. We look forward to hearing from you.

Comradely Regards, Louis Godena

1720 Diamond Hill Road, Cumberland, Rhode Island 02864 USA

(401) 334-4296 (401) 617-9088