[lbo-talk] Lieberman

Nathan Newman nathanne at nathannewman.org
Tue Jul 8 09:35:13 PDT 2003

So what if Lieberman is ahead-- it's all mainly name recognition. He's not even in the top two in either Iowa or New Hampshire and is not even picking up much financial support relative to the other major candidates. Look at a poll from this time in 1991-- I doubt if Clinton was at 5% in the polls among Democrats.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug Henwood" <dhenwood at panix.com> To: "lbo-talk" <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2003 11:53 AM Subject: [lbo-talk] Lieberman

Alarmingly, Gallup reports that Lieberman is leading the Dem field among almost all demographic groups - men, women, whites, young, old... Sharpton leads among blacks, but Lieberman is #2 (ahead of Moseley Braun).

Further, Page Six reports today: