[lbo-talk] Microsoft Plans An End Run Around, Oh, Everyone

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Jul 9 11:43:26 PDT 2003

Doug Henwood wrote:

> A cash crunch at Microsoft? Only if they've recently undertaken to buy
> Denmark. Last I looked, they had $43 billion in cash on the balance
> sheet, rising at $1 billion a month. I don't know of any other corp that
> has ever had a balance sheet like theirs.

Even if they have lots of cash on hand, it doesn't mean that every scheme of their will come to fruition. Just look at their troubles with speech recognition technology, .NET, and their failure to jump on the Web bandwagon right away.

And what happens if business spending on software stays flat or goes south?

Chuck0