[lbo-talk] USA scoffs laws

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 10 13:30:51 PDT 2003

That's not an interpretation that has ever had the support of any court, anywhere, at any time. Ergo, it is wrong. I am not an expert in international law. But I would hazard a guess that you can read the termination provisions of the ABM (and I presume other treaties), as ratified by the Senate, as a delegation of any hypothetical power Congress may have over the termination of treaties.

jks