[lbo-talk] Perry (sigh) (Was Nader again)

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 11 08:52:37 PDT 2003

Actually, this is multiply stupid on lots of grounds, showing again that American law and politics is tricky territory for Brits, even if they are long term residents. In addition to the points Doug makes, Anderson hasn't a clue about the law of impeachment. It's highlr debateable what "high crimes and misdemenors" are, and the only thing certain about the expression is that an impeachable offense is one that you can get impeached for, because the courts are pointedly not going to say. The matter is nonjusticable because it textually assigned to a coordinate branch, that is Congress. And the commrents about the founders are breathtaking in their ignorance. Why did they all end up, or try to end up, as Presidents then? The identification of the Prez with the nation as a late 20th C phenom -- Mr Anderson, meet Mr. Lincoln. Mr Lincoln, Mr Anderson is a nice fella, visitor to our shores, knows less than than he thinks he does, but his hear's in the right place. Perry's great, but he should know when he's out of his depth.