[lbo-talk] Re: Nader, again

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Jul 11 11:04:47 PDT 2003

Shane Taylor wrote:

> Though Anderson's target -- the imperial presidency -- is appropriate,
> impeaching Clinton for perjury wouldn't have injured that. I do agree
> with him saying that the Dems should have done it to Reagan over
> Iran-Contra.

It's one thing to support the DP as a "lesser evil"; it is quite another thing (and in the realm of fantasy) to complain that they won't do anything to threaten the structure of U.S. politics. The EP is the DP after all. Some poster over on Pen-L is whining that the liberal Nation magazine is a liberal magazine. This complaint about the DP is equally pointless.

Carrol