[lbo-talk] Savage in perspective

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Fri Jul 11 13:41:43 PDT 2003

Quoting Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>:

> Jon Carroll in the SF Chronicle:
>
> >Michael Savage, whose show was on basic cable channel MSNBC, had
> >347,000 viewers. By comparison, during the week of June 9, basic
> >cable's "SpongeBob SquarePants" had an audience of 2.6 million,
> >while "The Osbournes" had an audience of 2.7 million.

Sponge Bob totally rocks, by the way -- kept my 3-year-old nephew entertained, but also has these clever zingers only adults would get. Somehow the cartoon culture is channeling the majority of the underground broadcasts from the Zion geofront.

The Ozfest is also hilarious. It's like live-action Ranma 1/2 or something.

-- DRR