[lbo-talk] USA scoffs laws

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Fri Jul 11 14:07:29 PDT 2003

From: andie nachgeborenen

That's not an interpretation that has ever had the support of any court, anywhere, at any time. Ergo, it is wrong. I am not an expert in international law. But I would hazard a guess that you can read the termination provisions of the ABM (and I presume other treaties), as ratified by the Senate, as a delegation of any hypothetical power Congress may have over the termination of treaties.

jks ^^^^^^ CB: Constitutional powers are not delegatable, generally speaking. ( Cite).

The President's power over termination of treaties is not found in the wording of the Constitution either,and is therefore also hypothetical.