[lbo-talk] Queen for a Day: My Gay Makeover

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Mon Jul 14 09:53:04 PDT 2003

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 11:51:15 -0400, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> Michael Pugliese wrote:
>
>> "When he pulls his frilly nylon panties right up tight"
>> The Kinks in "Dedicated Follower of Fashion"
>> http://www.fashionfollower.com/songlist.asp
>
> Ha, but you can't beat Lola for gender-bending!

And, to think, I've heard radio DJ's say on the air, they never realized what Lola was about! Like walking into, "Crying Game, " and seeing right off what the plot twist will be.

And, I'm one gay male, on the somewhat nerdy side but, my punk rawk days and Sonic Youth bootlegs hopes will get me a ticket to the kewl zones of Hell, that needs a Makeover. Miss Thaang, here, has no fashion sense. What, all gay men are supposed to be genetically endowed with the ability to know if The Gap is where to shop vs. J. Crew? If it wasn't for my big Sister buying me tons of clothes @ XMAS, I'd only have three pairs of jeans and some khakis.

And, for anyone thinking the stereotype of gay male bitchy, queendom, is a homophobic slur, y'all haven't spent any time on Castro St or Polk St. Or thought that, "The Boys In The Band, " doesn't/didn't reflect one big part of the reality of life in the gay male "community" Michael Pugliese