[lbo-talk] Russian communists at the cross roads, Serguei Novikov

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 15 01:48:58 PDT 2003

>From: Michael Pugliese <debsian at pacbell.net>

> Pg. 198 of, "Russian Fascism: Traditions, Tendencies, Movements, " by
>Stephen Shenfield, M.E. Sharpe publishers, 2001, chapter on the National
>Bolshevik Party, says that that Dugin is an advisor to Seleznyov.
--- I have not read this book, but I am familiar with Shenfield's work through other sources. Pretty weak stuff. A perfect example of someone seeing in Russia what they want to see. According to Shenfield, the NBP is a scaaaaaary fascist organization -- notwithstanding the fact that they have never engaged in violence against ANYONE. The NBP is not a fascist organization. The NBP is a bunch of kids who like to hang out, get drunk, party and shock people. Limonov and Dugin are (very good) actors and writers. (As is Zhirinovsky, a very skilled thespian and con artist.) Just look at the NAME "National Bolshevik Party" for chrissakes. It's a deliberate joke. IMHO, Dugin decided that it was no longer fun enough pretending to be a scary fascist archmage and decided to drop the act.

_________________________________________________________________ The new MSN 8: smart spam protection and 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail