[lbo-talk] Re: I don't get it

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Jul 17 11:40:09 PDT 2003

jbujes at covad.net wrote:

> What I was saying was that the people whose job it was to know, knew. That would
> include the media, the govt, etc.

That would also include those on the left who had any political sense. We didn't just think. It wasn't just a probability. It was as clear as the fact that on the average in temperate northern hemisphere climes May is a warmer month than January. It is simply absurd to argue that there was any doubt.

The same actual doubt has existed from the beginning: Why is the U.S. ruling class, on the whole, going along with, even vigorously supporting, this nonsense? I don't think a fully satisfactory answer to that question is available yet.

Carrol