[lbo-talk] I don't get it...

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 17 21:02:50 PDT 2003

CBW have considerable deterrence value, if not as much as nuclear weapons. The Bushies are not anxious to risk losing 10,000 + troops -- or unleashing weaponized anthrax on Tel Aviv. And your point about Seoul undermines your first suggestion, that only nuclear deterrents have real deterrent value, and supports mine, taht nonnuclear weapons are more than enough. The US would prefer _even more_ that Tel Aviv and HAifa be left standing, and undamaged my any attack that might provoke, e.g., an Isreali nuclear response. I don't claim my argument is immune from possible criticism, just that it is enough for knowledge. We knew, and we knew that the US govt knew, that Iraq had no WMD. jks