[lbo-talk] Law Student With a History of Taking Left Turns

Lance Murdoch lbotalk at lancemurdoch.org
Fri Jul 18 09:55:20 PDT 2003

The only ethnic cleansing I see going on is IDF tanks going into Jenin, or ISF bulldozers running over American peace activists, settlers plonking themselves down on the West Bank and then going into mosques with machine guns and killing the occupants. Then the US majority leader goes on TV and calls for the West Bank Palestinians to be wiped out, and with the millions of dollars worth of weapons sent to Israel every year and the Palestinian bodies piling up it looks like they're along that way.

But no, the bourgeois consensus, even from self-proclaimed "leftists" like Brad DeLong, seems to be fixated not on the crimes of the the ones holding the power, the Israelis, but the remaining isolated few who think that an Arab country to the sea is still possible. This is when Mr. DeLong isn't trying to discredit Noam Chomsky with the same old discredited mud that has always been thrown at Chomsky in an attempt to prevent people from hearing what he has to say...I mean who cares if Chomsky fucks chickens, I don't think that changes the fact that the US Air Force probably killed as many Cambodians as the Khmer Rouge did or anything else that Chomsky has to say, with people telling lies 24/7 on corporate TV I don't see why apoplectic over Chomsky not genuflecting to the powers that be or Chomsky not "giving the other side" when the other side is what's given via the corporate media 24/7 as well. The reality is Israeli has been performing a murderous campaign against the Palestinians since 1967, and people who are still fixated on the non-existent but for some isolated individuals "drive the Jews to the sea" supposed rhetoric which was never for real *ever* anyway are just shills.

I think Mr. DeLong you can relinquish the duty you find compelled for yourself to bear the cross of the supposed sins of the left, Christopher Hitchens, David Horowitz, Leo Casey and company are perfectly willing to ignore the goings-on of those who do have power, and prostrate themselves to those people for their highly attuned sense of anything needing condemnation on the left, mostly which seems to be any rhetoric against those powers that "goes too far" or even more importantly any display of power against those powers.

-- Lance