[lbo-talk] Time To Face Facts: The Addlebrained Bushies Fooled Themselves (was I don't get it)

Gail Brock gbrock_dca at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 18 12:47:19 PDT 2003

Dwight Monroe wrote:

We must abandon the view that Rice, Rumsfeld,

Wolfowitz and the whole, empire gang are savvy

strategists who see the world clearly and are making

their plans with clear, if sinister eyes.

They are dangerous dreamers of the lowest and worst

sort - the kind of grandiose idiots Dostoevsky

described so well. People with latter-day Napoleon

complexes. A read of "Crime and Punishment" or "Notes

From Underground" will tell us more about these

miscreants than a thousand parsings of Bush's halting

speeches. _________

You can find a group of guys like this at any small town country club -- same incuriosity, mental narrowness, self-righteousness undergirded with more than a touch of venality. As you say, it's their access to the power of the U.S. government (rather than just to the zoning board of the local municipality) that makes them dangerous. But they're not any brighter or more visionary that I've been able to see.