[lbo-talk] Law Student With a History of Taking Left Turns

Shane Taylor s-t-t at juno.com
Fri Jul 18 14:22:07 PDT 2003

andie nachgeborenen wrote:

> No, "returned to the Ps" doesn't mean "expel the Js."
> Except in the insane Zionist paranoid fantasies
> involve intense projection, because, after all
> (listening Brad?), as Nathan pointed out, in the real
> world, "makinga J homeland" and reclaiming the
> desert, etc., has meant expelling the Ps! You mad
> about that, Brad? Or are they a lower form of life
> whose interests and expectations don't matter? That
> is, after all, the normal view in what passes for
> American liberal thought.

Ethnic cleansing is hyperbolic charge, sure, but she's calling for a free Palestine including what is now Israel. That suggest a one-state solution, and not a binational one. My reading was close to Max's: get the fuck out. Even if not her intent, it's such astoundingly stupid PR that she deserved the press she got.

I'm not suprised, as Michael notes, that it's a WWP slogan:

http://www.workers.org/ww/2003/palprot0410.php

-- Shane

________________________________________________________________ The best thing to hit the internet in years - Juno SpeedBand! Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER! Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign up today!