[lbo-talk] Law Student With a History of Taking Left Turns

Shane Taylor s-t-t at juno.com
Fri Jul 18 17:41:03 PDT 2003

Nathan Newman wrote:
> Wait a second. One-state solution does not equal ethnic clensing.

Oh Jesus. "Ethnic cleansing is hyperbolic charge," I said. And it wasn't one-state solution = ethnic cleansing. A one-state solution wasn't what I objected to, but "one-state solution, and *not a binational* one" (emphasis added).

No one on this list, least of all myself, has objected to her right to hang the banner, which she was ultimately allowed to do. We are objecting to what she said, with it and in her comments to Hedges.

Yet again, this is what I, like Brad and Max, was objecting to:

> Ms. Kates also stirred up the campus in March
> when her organization reserved banner space for
> two weeks at the Douglass College Center. The
> banner read: "From the River to the Sea, Palestine
> Will be Free."
>
> "It was a call for all land between the Jordanian River
> and the Mediterranean to be returned to the
> Palestinians," she said.

Hedges, Max, Brad, and I all took that the same way. If her intent was otherwise, she screwed up.

-- Shane

________________________________________________________________ The best thing to hit the internet in years - Juno SpeedBand! Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER! Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign up today!