[lbo-talk] In Support of the NOAC's Call for a Unified Anti-War Action in the Fall

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Jul 20 07:11:36 PDT 2003

This is precisely the thing that all anti-war activists should be concerned about. The politics behind these groups should give everybody reason to worry, as this "meeting" represents anti-war coalitions that are undemocratic, hierarchical, and who aren't representative of the millions of Americans who oppose the war.

Is Leslie Cagan the only spokesperson and leader within UFPJ? Does anybody else in that organization have a voice? Why have people recently left UFPJ for reasons to do with its internal undemocratic processes? Why should we let UFPJ create an alliance with ANSWER, when UFPJ defied grassroots organizers in New York City on February 15, creating a situation of collaboration with the police? Why is the UFPJ working with a US Labor Against War organizer who helped sabotage the anti-globlization protests in Washington in September 2001?

Chuck0