[lbo-talk] In Support of the NOAC's Call for a Unified Anti-War Action in...

DoreneFC at aol.com DoreneFC at aol.com
Sun Jul 20 08:22:42 PDT 2003

Oh come on Chuck

This announcement is for a conference call in connection with organizing a rally. My guess: the most likely outcomes are decisions about whether and how UFPJ and Win Without War folk particpate in ANSWER's rally mobilization, not some grander alliance, in other words the typical short term rally coalition.

Leslie Cagan is a long long longtime representative of the "mushy liberal wings of the peace movement, lots of well-meaning people who think a particular conflict or techology is icky and tyrn out in droves for some events but do not necessearily engage in radical critique of society.

If I do not run out of energy typing one-handed, I will digress in another message about the intersection of "democratic" and "effective."

The point here would be that, for better or worse, Leslie Cagan has tons of experience with rally coalitions. If anyone can help generate a rally mobilizat ion not dominated and defined by ANWER, probably she is someone I would look to for that influence!

DoreneC