[lbo-talk] Knesset plenum votes: `West Bank and Gaza are not occupied territories`

Brad DeLong delong at econ.Berkeley.EDU
Mon Jul 21 08:25:58 PDT 2003

>Where is Brad's objection to this?

Oh I object, I object, I object.

It's the worst news out of the Middle East in quite a while. Remember: a lot of Likud voters' came from or their parents came from Egypt, Iraq, Syria, and so forth. It has always been possible that their attitude toward the Palestinians would crystalize into, "Your Arab cousins kicked us out of Damascus, now it's only fair that we kick you out of the Judea--go live in my great-uncle's house, and if Bashir Assad won't give it to you, too bad."

But if you read your email, you'd know this already.

Brad DeLong