Benign/Nefarious (Re: [lbo-talk] Re: Law Student . . . .)

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 22 11:40:38 PDT 2003

Being blasted by our air force and artillery may affect their fates, even if I conceded that our intentions were good or the outcome of our interventions generally good. How about, they havea right to be free of our stupid mistakes? There are 4 million dead in Indochina because (at the very best interpretation someone had the bright idea of saving the Vietnamese from Communism. Even if Communism was a bad idea, the saving was a worse one. I therefore do not accept annihilation for their own good of peasant societies with the overwhelming force of an advanced industrialized society as evidence of concern for their fates. I really want to shake you sometimes, Luke. I don't understand how someone so smart can be so dumb. Brad I understand. He's been socialized by tenure and the Clintons. What's your excuse? jks