[lbo-talk] In Support of the NOAC's Call for a Unified Anti-War Action in the Fall

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Tue Jul 22 13:59:31 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, July 22, 2003, at 03:39 AM, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> There was the July 4 mobilization in Philadelphia:
> <http://www.justiceinjuly.org/issues.html>. The turnout was in the
> thousands, I think. Bush decided not to make his appearance in Philly,
> and it's usually hard to get a lot of people out on a big holiday when
> families get together for cookouts, parades, and the like.

Around here, there's nothing we like more than a good demo, whether the Head Honcho shows up or not. Probably goes back to the days when we gave George III a good talking-to! (Oh, yes, that was on 7/4, too, wasn't it?)

Unfortunately, I was in the middle of moving and had to miss this one, but I really enjoyed the February get-together, even though we nearly froze.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org _________________________________________________ "Buying books would be a good thing if one could also buy the time to read them in: but as a rule the purchase of books is mistaken for the appropriation of their contents."

-- Arthur Schopenhauer