[lbo-talk] various self and other promotion

JBrown72073 at cs.com JBrown72073 at cs.com
Tue Jul 22 14:13:16 PDT 2003

I'm on the radio in Connecticut on Thursday talking about the Redstockings organizing packet 'Women's Liberation and National Health Care: Confronting the Myth of America.' The show airs Thursday July 24, 12:30-1:00 p.m. on WPKN 89.5 FM out of Bridgeport, CT, which is heard in southwest Connecticut, Long Island, and as far west as Westchester, they say. 'Listener-supported community radio--powered by the people!' They broadcast on the web at http://www.WPKN.org

The host is Jennifer Klein, a labor historian at Yale who has just completed a book which I now *have* to get: 'For All These Rights: Business, Labor, and the Shaping of America's Public-Private Welfare State.' (Princeton) She asks good questions and I attempt to answer them...

Also, she, I, and many much more luminous luminaries will be talking at the URPE (Union for Radical Political Economics) conference, also in Connecticut, August 23-26. I note that listmember Michael Perelman will give the David Gordon lecture there on Sunday, August 24. For fuller info, go to http://www.urpe.org/sumprog03.html

Jenny Brown Redstockings