[lbo-talk] Chomsky on ending occupation

Ulhas Joglekar uvj at vsnl.com
Wed Jul 23 08:37:00 PDT 2003

andie nachgeborenen:
> What's the anti-imperialist
> objection? How do the "just out now, nothing else"
> crowd deal, in their stories, with the two problems of
> bad anarchy and the waste/theft of reparations? jks

That's right. We can see what happened in Afghanistan after the Soviets withdrew and the US lost interest. Afghans and their neighbours (Iran, Pakistan, India, China, Central Asian republics and Russia) are still paying the price for the superpower abandonment of Afghanistan without putting in place alternate and provisional structures.

Ulhas