[lbo-talk] Limits to currency intervention given deflation

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Wed Jul 23 09:54:00 PDT 2003

Would there be any bad effect from Japan taking their current record high dollar reserves and doubling or tripling or quadrupling them? Under normal conditions, there would be an inflation threat at some point. But under deflationary conditions, that's not something to fear, it's a desideratum. Is there anything else they should fear? Economically I mean. Because otherwise I don't see why they'd stop.

Michael