[lbo-talk] Dick Morris

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Wed Jul 23 22:05:42 PDT 2003

I remember the injunction against looking into the computer. I don't remember anything about "plans" being on it.

mbs

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-admin at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-admin at lbo-talk.org]On Behalf Of joand315 Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2003 12:46 AM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Dick Morris

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Dick Morris just said on the Daily Show that the FBI had Moussaoui's
> computer a month before 9/11, which contained plans for the Pentagon
> attack, but those dreadful pre-Patriot laws prevented them from looking
> at it. Does anyone know what he's talking about?

The FBI HQ in Washington, if I remember correctly, refused the request from the FBI in Minneapolis, to ask for a search warrant from the FISC, so that they could look at the computer, because they had just been reprimanded by that court for lying to it several times when asking for, as it turned out, less important search warrants. Back in those days, you remember you had to have a search warrant to look at other people's stuff and you weren't supposed to lie about the reason for requesting it. Those were the Pre-Patriot days. -joan