[lbo-talk] Actual reasons

Brian Siano siano at mail.med.upenn.edu
Thu Jul 24 08:03:55 PDT 2003

andie nachgeborenen wrote:

>--- > It's mainly an Internet convention: in newsgroup
>

>>arguments, invoking
>>analogies to Hitler tends to make the debates
>>_really_ acrimonious and
>>hysterical. But no, there's no actual _reason_ for
>>refraining to draw such
>>analogies.
>>How come that is not an actual reason to refrain? jks

Well, if one doesn't like acrimonious and hysterical debates, yeah, then it's a good reason.

But other than that, I can't think of a good reason why one shouldn't use such analogies. As long as they're supportable, that is.

"What? We're NOT allowed to draw analogies to the Third Reich? That's THOUGHT CONTROL! Just like in NAZI GERMANY!"